Asynchronous Tracking ~ A new way to track in Google Analytics

Thanks to Ah Hong for letting me know about this new feature from Google Analytics ~ Asynchronous Tracking. What is asynchronous tracking?

Unlike a traditional installation, asynchronous tracking optimizes how browsers load ga.js so its impact on user experience is minimized. It also allows you to put your Analytics snippet higher in the page without delaying subsequent content from rendering.

Yes. I always wanted to keep track of my blogs’ traffic totally and without slowing the blog. Therefore, I put Google Analytics code before </body> tag. This will not slow down the website loading but will fail to capture some of the visits due to certain pages did not finish loading until footer and visitors left already. However, with the new asynchronous tracking, thing become totally different. I can keep track all of the visitors and also keep my website loading speed at optimize level.

Testing had been done for few days. I did notice the increase of page view track by Google Analytics. Yeah… I have certain very long pages that can’t track by it. Now it can be tracked with new code. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and install the new Google Analytics Asynchronous Tracking code. Let me know the outcome then. 😉

  • Woohoo, by the way I found the bounce rate drop after I put the asynchronous Analytics code. Two thumbs up 😀

  • I just install this analytics code but need to wait few days before I can see the actual result 😀

  • I am working on it. Any chance of getting this kind of enhancement through a wordpress plugin ?

    • I think so. Try search and see. Lot of good WordPress plugins out there. 🙂

  • unkleE

    I haven’t been able to make it work yet, at least not fully. I’m trying to install it across two separate domains, and it works on the main domain (website) but not on the blog (which is based on Blogger minima template). There are two things that can go wrong:

    1. There is some extra code has to go in the links from website to blog.
    2. There is some modified code to go in the blog. When saved, this modified code has all the apostrophes changed to the HTML code for apostrophe (which is &#39 ;). I don’t know if this stops it working or not, nor do I know why it changes it.

    But so far I haven’t figured out the problem.