“Overhaul of Entrecard Economy“… Did you receive email with this as topic? Why Entrecard want to overhaul its economy? Entrecard did this because it wants to continue operating in the long-term. Do you think so?
Anyway, I stopped using Entrecard since Entrecard deleted my account unprofessionally. Entrecard did several changes that will definitely stop me from using it now.
1. Buy credits for less: Entrecard is now selling 1,000 credits for $6.00.
Entrecard is selling too high in the first place.
2. More pricing increments: Instead of prices doubling every time, there are now a few more steps.
Who care? I am fine as long as the price is good.
3. Members are not allowed to sell credits: This goes for ebay sales, posts in the Marketing forum, and posts on other forums. If you have references on your site to the sale of credits, please remove them immediately, as it is now against our terms.
I knew this will happen. Entrecard team cannot sell its credit while you are selling cheaper than them.
4. Credit transfer limits: Members are allowed to make a maximum of 14 credit transfers a week, up to a maximum of 1,000 credits, whichever comes first.
Is 1,000 credits per week is enough for you?
5. Transfer tax: From now on, all transfers, including transfers made with our new payments API, will be taxed at a rate of 12.5%. The taxed credits will be sold to members.
I said so. Entrecard team wants to earn more.
6. Blogs cannot be unlinked: Once you link a blog, it’s there for good unless you ask us to delete the blog from your account. This prevents linking/unlinking to get around the credit transfer limits, and it also stops you losing access to a blog if you unlink it in error, which happens a lot.
Oh, what is this about? Too many accounts for each blogger?
7. No more coupons: You are no longer allowed to send coupons.
More functions are taken away…
8. Shop closed: Except for Entrecard upgrades (Featured Status, Fast Pass) the Entrecard Shop is now offline until further notice. Please do not request a seller token until the shop returns. When it comes back, it will be bigger and better. We’ll communicate more details nearer the time.
Will it come back?
Normally, when any company does changes. They will make it better. However, do you think Entrecard team did a right choice by implementing these changes?
I received an email from email@example.com. “Your Entrecard account has been deleted” was the email title. Huh? What is going on? My account was deleted due to “Stolen content/No original content” as reason for my PrettyGirl2u.com website.
Hmm… I did not get much Entrecard credit lately. And did not get much hit from Entrecard advertising too. I am thinking of getting out all my Entrecard credit by selling off all of them. However, before I am able to do so. My account got deleted. Hey, I still have 11,000++ credit there. Some of the credits are coming from my other blogs.
Why Entrecard deleted my account now? And why without any warning? It is not professional at all. Anyway, I will save out some of my time by not dropping EC. Use it on other places.
By the way, just in case you still want to join Entrecard. Be sure that you fulfill their blog quality requirements.
Me? No way…
Part of the interesting stuff of Entrecard is the ability to advertise on other blogs. You can advertise at other blogs to bring traffic to your blog. Just make sure that you have enough Entrecard credit to purchase Ads space from that blog.
Above are the clicks from the blog that you advertised. Use your Entrecard credit wisely. Advertise on the blog that will bring traffic to you only. But how are you going to know before you advertise?
Top advert clicks
Above is the most advert click for the last 30 days. You can track your ads performance based on this chart. It will help to determine which blog that actually brings traffic to you. However, not all the higher clicks are worth the price.
Credits per click
Above chart displays credits per click for the ads that you purchased. The lowest credit == the better. You spend less on the Entrecard credit to bring more traffic.
Finally, plan well to get more traffic with less Entrecard credit.
There are 2 types of traffic from Entrecard. One of them is organic clicks and another one is advert click. Entrecard organic click is the clicks through to your site from the Entrecard website. More clicks indicate that your Entrecard is interesting.
Entrecard Organic clicks
How to improve Entrecard organic click?
Posted by Jayce Ooi as Entrecard
Where should you place the Entrecard widget? You can place it anywhere you like. But the result will be differing on each location that you choose. Try to put Entrecard widget as high as possible to attract more drop. Don’t place it too low because not all the readers will read all the posts that you written. They will turn to another blog without dropping any Entrecard on your blog.
Example above is one of the best placements. All the readers will not miss the dropping spot with this blog layout. Besides getting more dropping, you will get more advertising point too.